AARP is once again helping Cobb County residents file their taxes on time and correct. There is no charge for the service, and all tax preparers are trained by AARP. AARP Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest, free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service. AARP Tax-Aide volunteers prepare federal, state and local tax returns for taxpayers who have straightforward tax returns starting February 1 through April 15. Membership in AARP is not required and the service is available to everyone regardless of age. Appointments are not required, and electronic filing is available at all locations.
Taxpayers should bring their 2017 return and all 2018 tax documents. Each taxpayer must also present their social security cards or other identification documents for themselves and all dependents.
For direct deposit refunds, taxpayers must have their checkbook and a valid blank or canceled check.
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers will be available at the following locations convenient to East Cobb County:
- Mondays and Tuesdays from 10am to 2pm at the Cobb County Senior Services Center, 1150 Powder Springs Street in Marietta.
- Mondays from 10:30am to 2pm at Gritters Library, 880 Shaw Park Road in Marietta.
- Tuesdays from 10:30am to 2pm at the East Cobb Library, 4880 Lower Roswell Road in Marietta.
- Thursdays from 10:30am to 2:30pm at the Mountain View Library, 3320 Sandy Plains Road in Marietta.
- Fridays, except for April 14, from 10:30am to 2:30pm at the Switzer Library, 266 Roswell Street in Marietta.
- Fridays from 10am to 2pm at the Robertson Community Center, 2753 Watts Drive in Kennesaw.
For more information, visit aarp.org/taxaide.