Cobb County Government has extended its partnership with SelectCobb to offer a second round of applications for the Small Business Relief Grants. Eligible businesses can apply to receive up to $20,000 to $40,000 to use toward personnel, rent, utilities and acquiring PPE. Round two applications open now until Aug. 21 at 5 p.m. on selectcobb.com/grants. In an effort to educate small businesses on the application process for the grants, an informative webinar series launches on Aug. 4 and features Cobb Commission Chairman Mike Boyce and each of the Cobb County Commissioners and local mayors throughout the series.
Updated Eligibility Requirements for Round Two
Businesses that have received financial assistance from the Payroll Protection Program or Small Business Administration are now eligible for the second round of grants. In addition, businesses can include both W-2 and 1099 contract employees toward their total employee count.
Small businesses must meet the following requirements:
- Business must be an existing for-profit corporation, partnership or sole proprietorship
- Business headquarters or primary location must be within Cobb County
- Business must have 100 or fewer full-time, W-2 employees and/or individual 1099 contractors that function like employees, i.e., employees or contractors working at least 30 hours per week or 130 hours per month
- Business must have been in continuous operation for a minimum of one year prior to March 13, 2020
- Business must have a current business license issued by Cobb County Government, City of Acworth, City of Austell, City of Kennesaw, City of Marietta, City of Powder Springs or City of Smyrna
- Business must be current on all local taxes
- Business may be home-based or located in an owned or leased commercial space
- Business must certify if it has received PPP/SBA funds and the amount in which it received as of time of application submittal
- Business cannot be a publicly-traded company
- Ineligible businesses include: Gambling institutions, multi-level marketing organizations, real estate investment firms and adult entertainment
For a full list of eligibility requirements and more information about the SelectCobb Small Business Relief Grants, visit selectcobb.com/grants.
Webinar Series Debuts Aug. 4 at 10 a.m.
Cobb County Government and SelectCobb are also partnering on an informative webinar series to promote the Small Business Relief Grants to businesses throughout the county and to inform business owners on the application process and eligibility requirements. The webinar series kicks off on Tuesday, Aug. 4 at 10 a.m. with Cobb Board of Commissioners Chairman Mike Boyce. The series continues with webinars targeting all areas of the county, hosted by each of the county’s commissioners and joined by mayors in each district, Cobb Chamber Chairman John Loud, Cobb Chamber President & CEO Sharon Mason and SelectCobb Executive Director/Cobb Chamber COO Dana Johnson. Attendees will be able to ask questions during the webinar about the small business grant process. Each webinar is an hour long and free to attend.
Small Business Grants Webinar with Cobb Commission Chairman Mike Boyce | Aug. 4, 10 a.m.
Small Business Grants Webinar with Commissioner Bob Ott | Aug. 5, 2 p.m.
Small Business Grants Webinar with Commissioner Lisa Cupid | Aug. 6, 2-3 p.m.
Small Business Grants Webinar with Commissioner JoAnn Birrell | Aug. 12, 10-11 a.m.
Small Business Grants Webinar with Commissioner Keli Gambrill | Aug. 14, 3-4 p.m.
For more information on the Small Business Relief Grants webinar series, contact Jinnie Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 770-859-2357. For more information on the second round of SelectCobb Small Business Relief grants, contact the SelectCobb team at email@example.com or 770-859-2364.
Devoted to fostering strong economic development in Cobb County, SelectCobb is a partnership led by the Cobb Chamber that works to attract top-tier enterprises and talent. With Cobb County’s impressive array of competitive advantages to support growth — a world-class workforce, a healthy business climate, and an enviable location — we’re excited to welcome even more of the world’s trailblazers and industry leaders. Learn more at www.selectcobb.com.