Cobb County Government has extended its partnership with SelectCobb to offer a second round of applications for the Small Business Relief Grants. Eligible businesses can apply to receive up to $20,000 to $40,000 to use toward personnel, rent, utilities, and acquiring PPE. Round Two applications open at 10 a.m., Monday, July 27 on www.selectcobb.com/grants. The deadline for submissions is 5 p.m., Friday, Aug. 21.
New for round two:
- Businesses that have received financial assistance from the Payroll Protection Program or Small Business Administration are now eligible for a grant.
- Businesses can include both W-2 and 1099 employees toward their total number of employees.
Small businesses must meet the following requirements:
- Business must be an existing for-profit corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship;
- Business headquarters or primary location must be within Cobb County;
- Business must have 100 or fewer full-time, W-2 employees and/or individual 1099 contractors that function like employees, i.e., employees or contractors working at least 30 hours per week or 130 hours per month;
- Business must have been in continuous operation for a minimum of 1 year prior to March 13, 2020;
- Business must have a current business license issued by Cobb County Government, City of Acworth, City of Austell, City of Kennesaw, City of Marietta, City of Powder Springs, or City of Smyrna;
- Business must be current on all local taxes;
- Business may be home-based or located in an owned or leased commercial space;
- Business must certify if they have received PPP/SBA funds and the amount in which they received as of time of application submittal; and
- Business cannot be a publicly traded company.
- Ineligible Businesses Include: Gambling Institutions, Multi-Level Marketing Organizations, Real Estate Investment Firms (REITS), Adult Entertainment
For a full list of eligibility requirements and more information about the SelectCobb Small Business Relief Grants, visit www.selectcobb.com/grants.