The largest fundraiser of the year for the Circle for Children is the Ultimate Tailgate affair at the College Football Hall of Fame, Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 6 p.m. A grand finale of a year with the theme “Make Giving a Sport”, the Ultimate Tailgate will feature a cocktail party on the its interactive museum floors, followed by live and silent auctions, an upscale tailgate dinner with sports motif centerpieces, dancing to the Superstones, and “Hometeam” Brandon Leak of 680 The Fan Radio serving as the Master of Ceremonies.
Here are a few interesting “stats” related to the Ultimate Tailgate, the Circle for Children and its beneficiaries for at-risk children:
- The Circle for Children, in its 94th year, is the longest running women’s charity for children in Georgia.
- The Circle members will be creating uniquely themed baskets for the extravagant silent auction, from Hot Air Ballooning to Golf and Tennis Packages, Grill Masters and Epicurean Delights to Fitness Guru and Date Nights, Glamping Experience to Spa Goodies.
- The Patron Party for the event sponsors will be held Sunday, May 16 at The Battery’s Terrapin Taproom, which will include a private behind the scenes tour of the Atlanta Braves’ Truist Park. Major sponsors to date include Moore Colson CPAs and Advisors, Peggy and Tom Cannon, Anne Wallis, Modern Luxury The Atlantan, 680 The Fan, and Chattahoochee Charm.
- “Hometeam” Brandon Leak, Master of Ceremonies, hosts “The Hometeam and Hamilton Show” from 9-11 a.m. on 680 The Fan. A Decatur native and recognized as one of the most distinct voices in Atlanta talk radio, Brandon regularly sports jerseys supporting all Atlanta teams, earning the nickname “Hometeam”.
- This year’s beneficiaries of the Circle are Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health as well as the Linda Gross Memorial Scholarship Fund.
- Other sports related fundraising during the Circle’s year included a successful golf tournament at the Country Club of Roswell and an Inspirational Poster project of uplifting sports quotes by famous athletes.
- Individual tickets are $150 plus there are sponsorship opportunities and more information at www.Circle4Children.org.
The Circle for Children is reported to be the longest running women’s charity for children in the state of Georgia. Operating continuously since 1927, the nonprofit has a rich tradition of financial giving and personal encouragement to disadvantaged youth throughout metro Atlanta and Georgia. This 100% volunteer organization has contributed millions of dollars in aid and scholarships, as well as countless hours of hands-on service to youth who have suffered abuse, neglect and abandonment. The monetary donations we provide help fill the gap between government and civic funding. Our leaders organize fundraising events and charitable efforts as well as social gatherings to forge long term bonds among the membership – enhancing the Circle’s outstanding history and legacy. The Circle is a registered 501(c)3 organization.