AARP is once again helping Cobb County residents file their taxes on time and correct. There is no charge for the service, and all tax preparers are trained by AARP. AARP Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest, free, volunteer-run tax assistance and preparation service. AARP Tax-Aide volunteers prepare federal, state and local tax returns for taxpayers who have straightforward tax returns starting February 3 through April 15. Membership in AARP is not required and the service is available to everyone regardless of age. Appointments are not required and electronic filing is available at all locations.
Taxpayers should bring their 2021 return and all 2022 tax documents. Each taxpayer must also present their social security cards or other identification documents for themselves and all dependents.
For direct deposit refunds, taxpayers must have their checkbook and a valid blank or canceled check.
AARP Tax-Aide volunteers will be available at the following locations convenient to East Cobb:
- Cobb County Senior Service Center Mondays and Tuesdays from 10:30am-2:30pm, 1150 Powder Springs Street. To schedule an appointment, emailccwc. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 678-439-7230.
- East Cobb Library Tuesdays, from 10am -4pm, 4880 Lower Roswell Road. To schedule an appointment, email email@example.com or call 770-609-9138.
- Gritters Library Tuesdays from 10:30am-2:30pm, 880 Shaw Park Road. To schedule an appointment, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mountain View Library Thursdays, (starting March 9) from 10:30am-2:30pm, 3320 Sandy Plains Road. To schedule an appointment, email email@example.com.
- Switzer Library Thursdays from 10:30am-2:30pm, 266 Roswell Street. To schedule an appointment, email Switzertaxes@gmail.com.
For more information, visit aarp.org/taxaide.