As part of the 20th annual Public Safety Appreciation Week (Oct. 5-11), the Cobb Chamber will honor Cobb County’s finest during a special recognition program at the Public Safety Appreciation luncheon event held at the Coca-Cola Roxy Theatre on October 5. The luncheon will kick off a weeklong effort to celebrate public safety personnel in Cobb County.
Preparations for the event began months in advance, with a nomination process for the Public Safety Employee of the Year Award, in addition to other awards, such as the Medal of Valor, Award of Merit, Distinguished Achievement Award and Outstanding Community Contribution Award. Residents, government officials, public safety agencies and business officials are given the opportunity to nominate public safety personnel for these honors. The 2020 Public Safety Appreciation Committee Chairman is Chief Bill Westenberger, with Kennesaw Police Department.
The Cobb Chamber would like to congratulate the following personnel and public safety units on their nomination for a public safety recognition award:
- Paramedic Malcolm Defleice, MetroAtlanta Ambulance Service
- Lieutenant Michael Goins, Marietta Police Department
- Shift Supervisor Christopher Hayes, Cobb County 911
- Paramedic Michael Jordan, MetroAtlanta Ambulance Service
- Engineer Ryan Knechtel, Smyrna Fire Department
- Detective Brian Moon, Kennesaw Police Department
- Firefighter Ron Presley, Marietta Fire Department
- Deputy Sheriff Tyrone Reid, Cobb County Sheriff’s Office
- Police Officer Matthew Smith, Kennesaw Police Department
- Field Intelligence Officer Greg Stacy, Kennesaw State University Police Department
- Training Manager Krista Tillman, Puckett EMS
- Detective Evan Wallace, Acworth Police Department
- Battalion Chief Stephen Westbrook, Smyrna Fire Department
Public Safety Units
- Cobb Fire EMS Division, Cobb County Fire Department
- Officers Quinius Lyles & Andrew Abernathy, Cobb County Police Department
- CCPD Community Affairs Unit, Cobb County Police Department
- KSU Office of Victim Services, Kennesaw State University DPS & University
- Police Department
- MPD Crime Interdiction Unit, Marietta Police Department
- Officers Taylor Elliott, Robert Pfeiffer & Jake Prough, Smyrna Police Department
Award winners will be announced and celebrated at the October 5 Public Safety Appreciation luncheon. Sponsors include, Platinum Sponsors, Cobb EMC and Wellstar Health System; Award Sponsor, LoRusso Law Firm; Gold Sponsor, Genuine Parts Company; Silver Sponsors, C.W. Matthews Contracting, GLOCK, Governors Gun Club, Marietta Family Catering, Marietta Wrecker, MetroAtlanta Ambulance Service, Puckett EMS, Six Flags Over Georgia and Vinings Bank; and Patriot Sponsors, All Roof Solutions, E. Smith Heating & Air, Firehouse Subs, Gregory Doyle Calhoun & Rogers, LLC, Georgia Power, LGE Community Credit Union, Northside Hospital, T&T Uniforms, and Walton Communities Apartment Homes.
About the Cobb Chamber
At the Cobb Chamber, we believe in the power of ambition. Through our wealth of programming and partnerships, we unite the region’s most innovative, informed, and determined people so that they can achieve more. And through our advocacy and initiatives, we ensure that our county is a healthy place to do business. While our members span industry, background, and experience, we share a common desire: to see Cobb County flourish. For more information, visit www.cobbchamber.org.